Happy Birthday Sir Cliff Richard
Posted on October 14, 2010
Though he doesn’t look a day over 20, the original Peter Pan of Pop is 70 today! Happy birthday Sir Cliff enjoy your day, you deserve it. As a celebration I have listed below some interesting Cliff facts.
Cliff at Home yesterday
- Like fellow singing star Freddie Mercury, Cliff was born in India. Singing, and Country of birth was all they had in common though, as Cliff is definitely not Gay.
- Like Freddie Mecury (Farrokh Bulsara) Cliff has changed his name. He was originally called Harry Webb, but like Freddie, he wanted a more punchy rock star name, so he chose……..Cliff Richard.
- In 1981 The Daily Mail tried to force Cliff to marry tennis star Sue Barker, but the relationship lasted just a year after they had a huge fall out after Cliff had suffered another 6-0 6-0 defeat.
- Cliff’s 1976 hit Devil Woman was written and produced by future Conservative leader Margaret Thatcher
- In 1996 Cliff spontaneously bought the nation together in a concert high in emotion with his epic live performance at a rather soggy Wimbledon
- In a rare act of 1970’s sexual activity Cliff allegedly porked actress Una Stubbs
- In 1988 Cliff had his 12th number hit with a cover version of The Sex Pistols hit Mistletoe and Wine. Many people thought that the finale to the song was sung by Aled Jones, when in fact it was actually Cliff after an unfortunate accident with a Tennis racket…allegedly.
- In 1999, for the millennium celebrations, Cliff, by now know to many, particularly himself, as God, decided it was high time he rewrote the Lords prayer. So he did, and it became an instant anthem to God botherers across the world.
- Apparently and allegedly, according to unknown sources, Cliff spent Millennium eve with his Brother Keith Richards from The Rolling Stones with his head in a bucket of cocaine and a hotel room full of prostitutes.
- Cliff currently lives with a former Roman Catholic priest, John McElynn, whom he met in 2001 while doing charity work in the United States. However they are not Gay, John just looks after his house while Cliff is away.
Stubbs: Sex Symbol
Quick Cliff Quiz Question
Who sung “Saviours Day” in 1990?
A Cliff Richard
B Guns and Roses
C The Happy Mondays
All calls cost £45.00 per minute and may last up to an hour, mobile rates will vary